Goomwwm: Experimental Branches
These are development branches for new features to be included in Goomwwm 1.1. These should always build and run, but may not necessarily be in sync with the master branch, nor are they guaranteed to have the most recent bug fixes.
- Group Undo
- A mechanism to undo size/position changes on multiple windows simultaneously. See mod-shift-u.
Improved Window Menu merged to master
- If no window matches the input string, execute it as a shell command.
- Add more line editing controls, insert/delete/backspace/home/end, etc.
- Add a simple run dialog on mod-F12.
- Initial discussion was here.
Improved Borders merged to master
- Implement window borders as a backing frame window without using real X window borders.
- VirtualBox and xcompmgr have bugs related to drawing X window borders. Reparenting window managers don't trigger such bugs (and therefore the bugs go mostly ignored) as they mostly tend to avoid plain X borders and use complex parent frames. This branch cheats a bit by behaving more like a reparenting WM, but without actually going there...